Friday 28 January 2011

Second term and a project as big as Lord of the rings itself

So second term has started with a bang, our textile project is based on the theme Journeys.

I didn't have a clue where to begin, the theme isn't exactly the most inspiring of topics, but once you get thinking, I could go in almost any direction.  One of the starting points could be a film, so I've chosen Lord of the Rings.

I admit, I feel like a bit of a geek with this choice but there arn't many other journeys as epic and adventurous as this one, so I have pretty much free reign.

Im basing my designs on the places the ring travels through, for those of you who havn't seen the first film, definitely watch it! It's brilliant!  Then you might have some idea of what I'm going to be on about.

The best part of this project is my research...watching the film!

Here are a few dresses that are inspiring me, giving me some ideas of where to start.  All the big designers, Alexander Mcqueen, Jean Paul Gautier, John Galliano, etc.












And of course the crazy style queen herself, Lady Gaga

This week I've just been taking photos that i can work from, so I've not got anything exciting to show you just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment