Wednesday 15 December 2010

Bottle Cap Challenge

I had the restaurant where I work collect bottle caps for me over the summer, so I've now got hundreds of them!  I was going to use them in my course to produce some form of garment, but that didn't work out.  So now I have all these bottle caps and I'm not sure what to do with them.  I have had a few ideas though, so I sorted them all out into colours and cleaned them (they were fairly sticky, urgh).

I had a play about with them and the first thing that came together was this: which made my mum laugh because I have a thing about this flag, I love it!

Other thoughts were to make fridge magnets but just sticking a magnet in the back, or drinks coasters if I mosaic'd them together.



When sorting through them, In one of the caps some lovely person had left this little message, which I thought was quite sweet, and it brightened my evening, which was nice, even if only for a minute.
Someone definitely has a WKD side.

No comments:

Post a Comment